Between March 15 and April 11, the M.D. of Bighorn requested the public’s feedback on what additional parks services they would like to see provided. We received numerous responses and while we are not able to implement everything that was suggested, we’d like to share what the outcome was.
New Levels of Service:
- Maintaining landscaping River’s Bend and Limestone Valley entrance features;
- Sweeping the surface and cleaning out leaves and other debris in the Exshaw and Dead Man’s Flats rinks and the Harvie Heights tennis court; and
- Exshaw creek area landscaping maintenance that includes weeding and trimming vegetation that interferes with the irrigation;
Improved Levels of Service:
- Increasing the roadside ditch mowing frequency on east side of Mt. McGillivary Drive and north side of Heart Mt. Drive (between Mt. McGillivary Drive and Pigeon Mt. Drive), Diamond Drive guardrail, DMF emergency access lanes, River’s Bend Gate and Limestone Valley from twice annually to monthly;
- Performing clean up mowing of signposts, around trees and rocks after the large commercial mower; and
- Maintaining landscaping at the MD Office.
Thank you to all those who provided input.