Compliance Assessment Letter

By request, the Planning and Development Department will issue a compliance assessment letter which states whether or not buildings or structures on a property are in conformance to the regulations within the Land Use Bylaw.

A compliance assessment letter is not required by legislation, but is typically requested by a lending institution prior to approving a mortgage, or a lawyer to facilitate the sale of a property. To obtain a compliance assessment letter, please provide a written request for such service including the civic and legal address of the property and minimum of two copies of a current Real Property prepared by an Alberta Land Surveyor, and the appropriate fee. Real Property Reports that are more than 5 years old are not acceptable.

Compliance Assessment Request Form