Hazardous Trees & Removing Trees


The Municipal District of Bighorn Agricultural Services department is responsible for assisting with hazardous tree inquiries on municipal property. If you feel there is a hazardous tree on Municipal District property that needs to be addressed, please contact the Environmental Fieldman at 403-673-3611, ext. 234.


As per the Hamlet Reserve Protection Bylaw, no person within any Hamlet is permitted to cut down and remove any living or dead tree or shrub that is on Municipal District property without the written permission of the CAO. This includes the removal of dead fall for firewood purposes. Any person that contravenes this bylaw is subject to a $250 fine.

Helpful Documents