The Municipal District of Bighorn No. 8 Bylaw Services provides residents with a variety of services related to regulatory issues. Bylaw Enforcement Officers work primarily on a reactive, complaint-driven basis. Bylaw Services is committed to the delivery of professional bylaw enforcement in a timely and effective manner, and in accordance with Council direction.
Bylaw Services attempts to gain compliance first, through education and communication and ultimately, where required, through enforcement actions such as issuing tickets or seeking stronger legal solutions.
Our primary goals are:
- Public safety
- Maintaining community standards, which contribute to improving the quality of life in the MD of Bighorn
- Managing behavioral and nuisance issues so as to promote a harmonious living environment
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding Bylaw Services please call 403-673-3611.
Complaints should be submitted in writing, providing full information:
- The complainant’s name
- Phone number
- Location of the incident/problem occurring
- The date/time of the incident/problem
- The complaint/nature of the problem.
Complaint forms can be faxed to 403-673-3895.
Complaints by email are acceptable, provided the full information, as noted above, is included in the email. Complaints should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be forwarded to the appropriate MD department/official for handling, once received.
Anonymous complaints will not be accepted nor acted upon.
403-673-3611 Ext. 233
403-673-3611 Ext. 160