Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
KLEIN LAKE - DECOMMISSIONING OF DAM AND OTHER DOWNSTREAM WORKS
NOTICE OF APPLICATION
Notice is given that Alberta Transportation has filed an application under the provisions of the Water Act for an approval to:
• Decommission the existing Klein Lake cofferdam and main dam located in SW 03-031-10-WS which was damaged during the June 2013 flood event;
• Restore the Klein Lake outlet located in SW 03-031-1 0-W5 to near natural conditions;
• Revegetate the exposed reservoir bed and shore within N½ 33-030-10-WS and SW 03-031-10-WS; and
• Construct channel and berms works located in SW 03 and SE 04 of 031-10-WS.
The project location is shown on the related map.
Any person who is directly affected by the application may submit a statement of concern to
Environment and Parks
Regulatory Approvals Centre
5th Floor, South Petroleum Plaza
9915 108 Street
EDMONTON AB TSK 2G8
within 14 days of the providing of this notice.
The written statement of concern should include the following:
• The application number: 001-00391415.
• Describe concerns that are relevant to matters regulated by the Water Act.
• Explain how the filer of the concern will be directly affected by the activity and/or diversion of water proposed in the application.
• Provide the legal land location of the land owned or used by the fil??r where the concerns described or believed to be applicable. • State the distance between the land owned or used by the filer and the site in the application.
• Contact information including the full name and mailing address of the filer. Please provide the phone number and/or email address for ease of contact.
Environment and Parks will review each written statement of concern, seek more information if needed and notify each filer by letter of the decision to accept or reject their written submission as a valid statement of concern.
Please quote file number: 00391415
Further information regarding this project can be obtained from:
Klahn Crippen Berger Ltd.
301-2627 Ellwood Drive SE
Edmonton, AB. T6X OP7
Statements filed regarding this application are public records which are accessible by the public. Statements should explain why the filer is directly affected and provide the full printed name, phone number and/or email address, postal address and legal land location of the filer.
Failure to file statements of concerns may affect the right to file a notice of appeal with the Environmental Appeals Board.