Community Service Grants
The Municipal District of Bighorn provides grants, to eligible recipients, for various purposes:
- Initiatives / causes / purposes of a broader scope, that will benefit the Municipal District
- Organizations sponsoring special activities of benefit to Municipal District residents as a whole
- Recognized Community Associations / Groups needing funds for recreation, culture, FCSS and facility-related projects
Grant applications are reviewed by the Community Services Board (CSB) in September each year. The entire budget is just over $20,000 so grants may be reduced or prioritised by CSB to fit their annual grant budget. Recommendations from the CSB are considered by Council as part of the annual budgeting process, and successful recipients are notified via email soon after the budget is finalised with funds being released in January of the grant year.
The deadline to apply for 2018 Community Services Board Grant funding is Friday August 25, 2017 so give Community Services a call at 403-673-3611 or 403-233-7678 to get more information on our grant application process.
- CS Grant Accounting Form 2016 (PDF) - a final report for all 2016 Community Services and Council Discretionary Grants.
- CS Grant Accounting Form 2017 (PDF)- is due August 18, 2017 - an interim report if the project is not completed or the final report for any 2017 Community Services and Council Discretionary Grants.
- CS-8 Grant Application 2017- (PDF) this application can be used throughout the year to apply for Council Discretionary Grants which fall outside the annual Community Service Board Grant time frame.
- CS-8 Grant Application 2018 (PDF) - for 2018 Community Services Grants; will be due Friday August 25, 2017.
- Policy CS-8 (PDF)