The Municipal District of Bighorn provides grants, to eligible recipients, for various purposes:
- Initiatives / causes / purposes of a broader scope, that will benefit the Municipal District
- Organizations sponsoring special activities of benefit to Municipal District residents as a whole
- Recognized Community Associations / Groups needing funds for recreation, culture, FCSS and facility-related projects
Community Services Grant applications are reviewed by the Community Services Board (CSB) in September each year. The entire budget is just over $20,000 so grants may be reduced or prioritised by CSB to fit their annual grant budget. Recommendations from the CSB are considered by Council as part of the annual budgeting process, and successful recipients are notified via email soon after the budget is finalised with funds being released in January of the grant year.
Council Discretionary Grants are reviewed by the Community Services Board (CSB) for recommendation to Council The application process for a Council Discretionary Grant is approximately 3 months.
The deadline to apply for 2019 Community Services Grant funding is Friday August 24, 2018.
Council Discretionary Grants or other funding may be available outside the Community Services Grants time frame.
Give Community Services a call at 403-673-3611 or 403-233-7678 to get more information on our grant application process.
For other possible MD funding sources please contact your Ward Councillor.
- MD CS Grant Accounting Form 2018 (PDF) - due Friday, August 17, 2018. An interim report is submitted if the project is not completed or a final report for completed 2018 Community Services and Council Discretionary Grants. All Final 2018 Grant Accounting reports due December 14, 2018.
- MD CS-8 Grant Application 2018 (PDF) - this application can be used throughout the year to apply for Council Discretionary Grants which fall outside the annual Community Service Board Grant time frame.
- MD CS-8 Grant Application 2019 (PDF) for 2019 Community Services Grants, due Friday August 24, 2018.
- Policy CS-8 (PDF)